Xposed Developer Rovo89 hat alle Fragen zu seinem MOD und der Runtime ART beantwortet

Neue Antwort erstellen
Erstellt
Jul. '14
letzte Antwort
Antwort
2,4 T.
Aufrufe
„Gefällt mir“
Abos
aleX
Admin
Admin

Anm. Datum: 01.01.2001
Handy: Samsung Note 9

Slogan:
Wer glaubt etwas zu sein, hat aufgehört etwas zu werden!
BeitragSa 12. Juli, 2014 09:38
Antworten mit Zitat

Warum willst Du den Post von aleX melden?

Der Mensch ist ein naiver Tourist mit einem abgelaufenem Visum für den Planeten Erde ..
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen

Post #1

Werbung
iPicto - Unterstützung in der Kommunikation mit Menschen mit einer (geistigen) Behinderung

Unterstützung in der Kommunikation mit Menschen, mit einer (geistigen) Behinderung.

aleX
Admin
Admin

Anm. Datum: 01.01.2001
Handy: Samsung Note 9

Slogan:
Wer glaubt etwas zu sein, hat aufgehört etwas zu werden!
BeitragSa 12. Juli, 2014 09:38
Antworten mit Zitat

Und hier im speziellen mit Android L:
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/rovo89-speaks-up-regarding-art-and-android-l-support/

Zitat:
Well, “once” kind of implies that this will happen immediately after Google publishes the “final” version of ART. It should rather be read as “not before” they do so. It’s true that I’ve had a very experimental test build running some months ago. But ART is pretty complex, with lots of different operation modes that need to be tested. I figured it would be a waste of time to do so before ART becomes more stable. The fact that they are still pushing changes every day, including several huge internal refactorings (which will require adjustments in my code) confirms this. I will have to look at it once the official version is available, as then the change rate will hopefully decrease and also because much of it is trial and error. Apart from that, it will also show how other changes (e.g. dual-stack 32/64 bit Zygote, very strict SELinux policy) have an impact on Xposed.

So keep calm everyone. I’m pretty sure that the will be Xposed for ART (the final version, probably not for KitKat, at least at first), but please don’t freak out if it *still* isn’t published three days after Google I/O. If it takes a few weeks, then that’s what it takes.

Zitat:
Q: if you can get xposed running in android L developer preview it will make xposed available to kitkat with art ?

“Getting it running” is one thing, whether it’s good to publish it is another question. I’ve had a prototype of Xposed for the ART preview in December already. Barely tested, needed manual installation, probably failing here and there, but generally it did what it should. But already back then, I’ve seen that Google is still working actively on improving ART. They have made huge internal changes since then. Last weekend, I made my prototype compile against the master branch of AOSP and I had to introduce lots of conditionals. That’s without knowing whether it will actually work, I just changed declarations, calls etc. to avoid compile time errors.

The ART preview in KitKat and the ART almost-final in the Android L preview are different pieces of software. Maintaining support for both of them means basically twice the work, especially for testing. That, and the fact that ART in KitKat was just an optional preview (with potential bugs that may be incorrectly blamed on Xposed), makes it less likely that I will publish Xposed for the KitKat variant of ART. That’s not a final decision, it depends on how ART development continues and how well I can support Android L. It’s important that Xposed works fine on upcoming Android versions where ART is the only runtime. KitKat support would be a bonus if it’s not too much effort to maintain in parallel.

Oh, and for everyone who thinks that posting “pleeeeease” or “you have to support it” will increase the chances of publishing something: It won’t. It will just annoy me and make it less likely.

Q: How about you just let him work on it and see how it’s goes.
There’s literally no reason at all to bother him with questions, when he has something new to share he will, when he doesn’t those questions will be just annoying to him. Not yours personally, but the sheer amount of people bombarding him with all kinds of art related questions just add up.

Indeed. I have received lots of hints “hey, Android L is out now” – yes, I know. So for now, I have disabled PMs…
By the way, I have just read the “How to Report Bugs Effectively” essay by the PuTTY developer. It’s so true!

Warum willst Du den Post von aleX melden?

Der Mensch ist ein naiver Tourist mit einem abgelaufenem Visum für den Planeten Erde ..
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen

Post #2

Neue Antwort erstellen